This is to bring to the general public that applications for the fully funded PhD positions of the University College Cork, Ireland for the year 2022/23 session is now open.
|Deadline: 15 September, 2022||Providers: University College Cork, Ireland|
|Funding Types: Fully funded||Study in: Ireland|
|Subjects: Pharmacy Courses||Study Level: PhD Positions|
About the Scholarship
Applications are currently being accepted at the University College Cork for international PhD positions in the oral delivery of RNA therapeutics using novel biomaterials. The institution is now accepting applications for the academic year 2022-2023.
This funding opportunity is open to highly qualified EU citizens planning to enroll full-time in the PhD program at the School of Pharmacy in Ireland.
Benefits of the Scholarship
The shortlisted candidates will receive an annual stipend of €18,500 (tax-free) for four years in addition to registration costs (at EU level).
Eligible Countries: EU countries.
Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree in Pharmacy Courses.
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- A first- or upper-second-class honors degree in pharmacy, pharmaceutical sciences, biomedical engineering, or a closely related discipline, such as pharmaceutical chemistry or pharmacology, is the minimal qualification for candidates.
- An M.Sc. is desired but not necessary.
- Candidates for the PhD degree should have prior laboratory experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a requirement for candidates.
- Knowledge of RNA and drug administration, gastrointestinal anatomy and physiology, nanoparticle formulation and production, cyclodextrin/polymer chemistry, intestinal cell culture models, and animal studies will be useful, though not absolutely necessary.
- All applicants must be qualified to enroll at UCC in order to be registered as a PhD student.
- How to Apply:The sole remaining method for applying legitimately is as follows:
- If you are interested, send an email with your application to Prof. Caitriona O’Driscoll at [email protected]
- Required Papers: The following supporting records must be submitted:
- a résumé, a cover letter detailing your qualifications for the position, and at least two references’ names and contact information
- Candidates must have a postgraduate degree from a school with accreditation to be eligible.
- If English is not the applicant’s native language, they must provide evidence of their proficiency in the language.