This is to bring to the general public that applications for AfOx Visiting Fellows Program at University of Oxford, United Kingdom for the year 2023 session is now open. The scholarship is opened to African students.
|Deadline: 30th November, 2022||Providers: University of Oxford|
|Funding Types: Fully Funded Scholarship||Study in: United Kingdom|
|Subjects: All Subjects||Study Level: Postgraduate|
About the Scholarship
The AfOx Visiting Fellows Program aims to increase academic mobility and network building. To get the most out of their time in Oxford, applicants should give the contact information of an Oxford University Host—someone who holds an academic or research job at Oxford in the applicant’s field of interest.
This could be an academic partner the candidate had contact with before to applying for the Fellowship, either past or present.
Benefits of the Scholarship
Selected applicants will enjoy the following benefits:
- The chosen Fellows will get all meals from the host college as well as an en suite, single occupancy study bedroom.
- A temporary university ID and a temporary membership to the college seniors’ common room will be provided for the length of the stay.
- The scholarship will also pay for the trip, the visa fee, and a maintenance allowance to cover unforeseen expenses.
To be eligible for the award, all applicants must fulfill the aforementioned requirements.
- Candidates must hold a PhD or its equivalent in research.
- a person who is employed by an African research or academic institution and who is a legal resident of that country.
- with an Oxford partnership currently established or in contact with a potential Oxford partner.
- Applications will be considered taking into account the efficacy and added value of the planned research agenda, the compatibility between the applicant and the Oxford host, and the sustainability of the proposed activities within the fellowship’s period.
Eligible Countries: All African Countries
Eligible Courses: All courses at University of Oxford
Application Deadline: October 31, 2022