In terms of providing project, engineering, and technical services to the industrial and energy sectors, Wood is a world leader. We have operations in over 60 countries, employ around 55,000 people, and generate sales of almost $10 billion annually. We offer performance-driven solutions across a wide range of industrial markets, including upstream, midstream, and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment & infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. These solutions are provided throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning. Being the greatest technical services provider for clients, employees, and investors is our goal. www.woodplc.com
Summary and Requirements
|Company’s Name: Wood||Expected Role: Subsea Pipeline Engineering|
|Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE||Experience: 10 years plus|
|Salary/wage: Not disclosed||Education: Bachelors|
The successful applicant must be able to:
- Provide technical support to the Company on “Pipeline Engineering” matters pertaining to both Offshore/Subsea and Onshore, including subsea cable and umbilical installation.
- Support and scope of work for pipeline engineering should be provided for all projects carried out by the ETE Department.
- In various Company initiatives and research, be sure to optimize design and apply the proper international regulations and standards.
- Be a good team player and kindly coordinate/interact with the company’s project management team, site staff, and other outside consultants to ensure the projects are completed successfully and effectively.
- Carry out feasibility studies, conceptual designs, and internal engineering for small- to medium-sized green- and brown-field subsea cable projects.
- Support the multidisciplinary engineering team throughout the project’s numerous feasibility study, conceptual engineering, and other phases.
- Create business cases for pipeline projects, develop execution plans and specification of requirements for those projects, and offer useful advice for cable projects as well.
- Prepare a scope of work for the execution of pipeline and cable jobs for outside consultants and contractors.
- Review of technical recommendations, including CTR, made by various Consultants for the purpose of carrying out the specified scope As part of the bidding process, it also entails responding to qualifications, exceptions, and exclusions.
- Examine the design work/studies carried out by the consultants to make sure they adhere to the company’s requirements and technical aspects in line with global/industry standards.
- Examine and approve all technical documentation, drawings, and specifications for all pipeline design and cable routing/installation projects.
- Prepare a material request for the pipeline and related fittings in accordance with the scope of work
- perform technical evaluations of engineering consultants in accordance with the PMT-established standards
- Take part in the technical assessment of ideas and the publication of recommendations.
- Review the performance of engineering consultants and contractors, give the appropriate design suggestions, and follow up throughout the project’s implementation.
- Make sure cutting-edge technology is used throughout the engineering phase to create the most efficient and effective solutions possible, including value-added engineering applications across the assigned activities.
- Take part in the pre-qualification of engineering vendors and consultants, including the examination of the bidders list.
- Participate in seminars on HAZOP, HAZID, and risk assessment, and add your expertise as needed to additional HSE-related design reviews and audits.
- Contribute to and update the company’s engineering standards, specifications, design philosophies, and other policies.
- Participate in facility site surveys for the company to determine and pinpoint the actual requirements
- Provide technical support, coordination, and communication with various company departments and business units about all matters pertaining to technical and general requirements.
- Observe pipeline and cable installation-related events on the barge and take part in associated activities.
- Assist in recruitment of pipeline engineers for the Company
Qualifications & Skills
- a reputable university-level bachelor’s degree in civil, structural, or mechanical engineering. A further benefit is taking courses in pipeline engineering.
- 10 years or more of experience in the oil and gas sector or in an engineering consulting firm, 10 years or more of that experience having to do with designing offshore pipelines and having knowledge of relevant offshore/subsea pipes
- The ability to work in a multidisciplinary engineering team for the performance of conceptual studies, FEED, and detailed engineering, as well as experience in a consulting, EPC, or client setting
- Knowing the Code and Standards for the Oil and Gas Industry and Pipeline Engineering
- It is essential to have extensive experience with Pipeline Design and Installation Analysis, including the necessary knowledge of Cable Engineering. It is also essential to have in-depth knowledge of creating key documents like Design basis, Specifications, Design report, Field Layout and Alignments sheets.
- knowledge of general software, including DNV Suite, PLUS ONE, OFFPIPE, AUTOPIPE, CAESAR, DNV SOFTWARES, and STAAD PRO, as well as pipeline engineering tools.
- Excellent command of the English language, as well as strong interpersonal and communication abilities